Gil is a seasoned entrepreneur turned venture capitalist. Gil launched his first company Mind Games in 1982 to develop games for the original Apple II. Gil then started a software consulting firm with Fortune 100 clients in the U.S., Asia and Europe.
In 1995, Gil helped pioneer Internet advertising by founding Real Media, the first online ad network and ad server company. After Real Media was acquired in 2001, Gil pioneered the next wave of online advertising as CTO of TACODA, the first behavioral targeting, ad network. Following AOL’s acquisition of TACODA in 2007, Gil founded Genacast Ventures in partnership with Comcast Ventures.
What I love about my job:
- Working with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurs to solve real problems
- Strategizing with the CEO and architecting with the CTO
- Regularly feeling stupid followed by learning something new
- Getting out of my comfort zone and exploring new spaces
- Falling in love with a startup, diligencing it and still being in love